We have a brand new segment to add to this snazzy little blog here. Each Friday I’m going to write up a little list and tell you fine folks what I’ve learned this week so keep an eye out!
Here’s this week!
- I learned how to count to 10 in Finnish. I’ve been toying with the idea of learning Finnish for some time now and I’ve finally decided to just do it. I’ve been studying the same flashcards all week because I want to have these words down pat. Ask me how you say 4, I dare ya! Edited to add: my guy thinks I sound more Japanese than Finnish when I try to pronounce Finnish words… I’ll get there eventually.
- I learned that sometimes it’s best to cut some friends off. Sure, I might have been friends with him for about 4 years, but if the second he realizes you’re no longer married, the entirety of the friendship changes, drop that bad boy. It is what it is and I’m better off for it. I think it’s unsafe to have friends that want to be more than that, especially when you’re involved with someone else and you’ve spelled that out for them.
- I learned that even the smallest creatures can fill your heart with happiness and that you don’t need to know them very long before they’ve nestled into your heart. I met a little kitten named Sweet Pea; she lived for 3 weeks and came to us early Tuesday morning in the midst of failure. Her owner relinquished her to us because she didn’t want to pay for care, so I instantly told her I would take her. We nursed her for a few hours and prayed that she would make it. I spent 5 hours with her and she passed quickly and suddenly. My heart hurts.
- While I can work basically anywhere, I get the best writing done in a noisy place with a pen and pad of paper. I’ve deduced that, if I’m having a hard time writing or I’m feeling stuck, I need a change of scenery and to actually physically write to get the words flowing.
- Being apart from someone you love is hard and some days all you want are some snuggs.
The more you know!