- People don’t always live up to your expectations. It’s taken me quite some time to really learn that you cannot be upset if someone doesn’t do or say what you want from them, especially without telling them what it is you want. Jordan Peterson had some great thoughts on this topic, namely, if you cannot figure out what it is you want, how can you expect your partner to?
- Life is rough. There’s no way to sugarcoat the fact that you’re going to get kicked in the ass a few times throughout your life. Ha, did I say “a few”? I mean like every damn day; that’s more realistic.
NOTE TO SELF: Muscle through it.
- I still have the same basic thoughts I had way back when. Unfortunately, I don’t have any answers yet..
- You can’t eat only potatoes when you’re sick. So I’m chowing down on broccoli and pork tonight. The illness that has been circulating throughout the office since before I was even hired, finally won. I was going so strong, but now I’m stuffy and sneezy and sick. Boo.
- Love happens unexpectedly. Okay, I might have learned this about 2.5 months ago, but this past week solidified it even more. The boyf and I have been reminiscing on how the entirety of our relationship began and I have to say, it makes my heart flutter. Just sitting here thinking about all of the feelings I felt the first time we spoke makes me smile more than I dare admit. What can I say? I’m a lucky girl to have such an amazing man.
Learn all you can.