Sometimes I learn things.
For instance; this week I learned:
- Some people won’t take ‘NO’ for an answer. And quite frankly, it’s up to you to make them. I’ve learned that backing down only allows them to think that they can continue to bully their way through life and get whatever they want. It’s not fair to them and it’s not fair to those who encounter them, so when someone sassily tries to get you to bend to their will, stand tall!
- We’re basically a dream team. My guy and I are super awesome. Have I told you that yet? No? We’re buds in the best way possible. We both manage to think of the exact same abstract jokes, we’re both pretty snazzy, at least he is, and let’s just say he’s the coolest cat I know, so I can be cool through association. He has the ability to make me feel joy even on the hard days; I hope I can do that for him, too. Having a person you love as a pal is a glorious thing. Also, he’s basically bombtastic at dealing with me and all of my emotions when I’m PMSing. Way to go, babe!
- Sometimes the simplest thing can make a hurting person hurt less. On Tuesday, we had a client come in who found out his kitty was in the late stages of congestive heart failure and there was nothing we could do. It’s not easy to lose a beloved pet, so I sat beside him, held his hand and told him it would be okay while he sat staring blankly ahead as his companion passed. The next day, we got a call from him, thanking me by name. It really touched my heart in ways I had never experienced before. Although it cost me nothing more than my time, it meant a lot to him and that’s all that really matters.
- Some cats are more affectionate than dogs. I know, you probably think that this is like super, hella false, but it’s not! And if you should believe anyone, it would be the gal who works with cats LITERALLY all day long for about 45+ hours a week. Some kitties need lots of love and attention, some want to bite your face off; it’s all about balance.
- The saying “where there’s a will, there’s a way” is accurate! I don’t know about you, but sometimes I’ve got doubts floating around in this noggin’ of mine. I tell myself that there’s no way I can complete a project on time, or handle the credits I’m taking, or work full-time, write a blog, and somehow magically ace my classes (fingers crossed that the last one actually happens); but you know what?! Doubting yourself doesn’t make it any easier to succeed; if anything, it makes it easier to fail! So instead of saying I can’t do something I’m going to get real with myself while standing in front of the mirror each morning and giving myself a bit of a pep talk; give it a try if you’re feeling doubtful:
“You can do this if you want to do it. You are capable if you are willing.”
I’ve found that having a bit of faith in yourself is enough to make it through the busiest, most hectic days.
What did you guys learn this week? Leave a comment and let me know!